Wednesday, May 09, 2007

48 degrees

I am riding my bike to work today. I usually start riding my bike earlier in the year. I have been so focused on my marathon training, I have foregone a bunch of stuff I really like. With the price of gas as it is, I hope to ride my bike to work frequently this summer. I am in my "taper" period before my half-marathon, which means that I am barely running at all for the next 11 days - and then it is race day!

Several of you asked about the excessive crying of Monday night. I had an argument with the man I have been seeing since September (but not talking about). The argument wasn't that bad really. We got off the phone on good terms, but after we hung up, I started crying, and the rest is history. It has been years since I have cried like that. Some have suggested that I needed a good cry. I may have needed a good cry, but that cry was ridiculous!

I better get ready for my bike ride. Have a great and peaceful day everyone. And if I had one suggestion? Just be nice to each other. That's all. You don't need to memorize the big book, you don't need to be able to give us page numbers and exact quotes... just care about one another and try to encourage, lift up, and love!

"We blame little things in others and pass over great things in ourselves; we are quick enough in perceiving and weighing what we suffer from others, but we mind not what others suffer from us." -- Thomas A'Kempis, One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, May 9, p. 130

11 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

well said... nice and simple :-) be nice!

thanks!

Pammie said...

OH MC..bless your heart. When I have a BIG cry, it's rarely over the event at hand.
Enjoy your bike ride!

Rick and Holly Garrett said...

Hey my new friend in recovery, I'm a cyclist too...although NOT a marathoner. I more prefer several day bicycling tours.

And we all DO need a good cry now and then. I had one Sunday....

Thanks for being here!

dAAve said...

taper
run
cry
be nice

Zanejabbers said...

Hi MC. Sometimes when we have a good cry it has nothing to do whith what just happened. Enjoy your biking.

Syd said...

MC, thanks for great words to live by. I hope that you have a great day. I will be doing as much to keep me and others happy today as I can. I'm hoping that your next tears are ones of job.

Shannon said...

yep i am with Pam, LOL maybe a woman thing...?
have a good ride, I will be bikin with the kids tonight YAY

Meg Moran said...

HOW FUNNY sYD HAD A TYPO AND SAID "TEARS OF JOB" I'm sure we've all actually had those too... Thanks MC for a nice post.

Recovery Road London said...

Hiya, Supergirl!

**exhausted just from reading about your training regime**

I didn't really know what to say re the crying/fella thing. It pushed some buttons in me around my relationship issues. But I'm there with you, MC.

(((HUG)))

xxx

Clarity said...

I'm into biking too. Though my bike is a little bent up from drunk biking.....I was way too conscientious to get behind the wheel of a car! How far is your bike ride to work?

Mama Dukes said...

My experience same as Pam's---when its that big its rarely this pparticular incident but usually an accumulation.

And you aren't talking about him because?