It is very hot here. It is expected to get to 100 degrees the next two days, as it did yesterday. It is a very dry heat - it feels like a sauna. I actually like temperatures below zero a lot more than I like temperatures above 80. I am a hot weather wimp. I just don't like it.
I seem to be stymied for anything meaningful to say, so let me do a grateful list:
- Central Air Conditioning (at home and work)
- Heavy, dark, velvet drapes on all my windows
- That I gave up soda pop for lent and have not started up again
- That although I am heavy, I am extremely healthy and fit for a woman my age
- My children - Laura who is so responsible, and yet funny and fun. Megan who is my wild child (clean & sober 95 days). Kenny who is a wonderful man, off serving in a war - and not complaining about it.
- My sponsor, who called me yesterday
- A former sponsee who called yesterday - she is still sober!
- The women I currently sponsor - I love them
- The AA groups I have been part of over the years
- That I will celebrate 23 years of sobriety in 22 days
- All the AA members who have been so much a part of my life
- My sober blogging buddies...you have added so much to my sobriety
- That I got to talk with Scott yesterday
- For long gratitude lists that I have to consciously decide to stop - lest they go on FOREVER!
- For the Grace of a Loving God, who has tenderly cared for me when all I could do was try with all my might to destroy myself. And who continues to care for me - when I sometimes think I know what is best and what I need.
"In thinking about our day we may face indecision. We may not be able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 86