Friday, July 20, 2007

Lazy Friday

Wow. I started typing "lazy friday" and it popped up, because I have already titled another one of my posts that way. Well, it is true today as well. I was supposed to run this morning, but I just can't. It is a weird feeling to NOT want to run. It is kind of an awful feeling. I hope it will pass.

Tonight I am going to a movie with my daughter, and then we are going to Barnes and Noble to pick up our Harry Potter books at midnight! This is another family tradition, and it will be the last time - this is the 7th and last Harry Potter book.

This week has really been freakishly busy for me, both at work and in my personal life. Maybe that is why I am so tired. I have a serious need for some down time!

"We can believe that God is in His heaven and that He has purpose for our lives, which will eventually work out as long as we try to live the way we believe He wants us to live. It has been said that we should 'wear the world like a loose garment.' That means that nothing should seriously upset us because we have a deep and abiding faith that God will always take care of us. To us that means not to be too upset by the surface wrongness of things, but to feel deeply secure in the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe." -- Twenty-Four Hours a Day, July 16 reading

6 comments:

Syd said...

I can relate. I need some down time too. I am tired today but happy. Have a great weekend and get some rest.

Scott W said...

We learn to take care of ourselves. It makes such a difference when I give me time for me.

Have a great weekend!

Mama Dukes said...

To us that means not to be too upset by the surface wrongness of things, but to feel deeply secure in the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe." -- Twenty-Four Hours a Day, July 16 reading

I don't have this book anymore--
Thank you for it today
love you

Pammie said...

If you need down time..then I hope you will take it.
You are important to me...and I need important people to take care of themselves!!!
Enjoy your new book and daughter time.

dAAve said...

Slow down
You move too fast
Got to make
the morning last
la de da ...

Scott M. Frey said...

my dad always suggested that I wear the world like a loose garment early on in recovery... It took me a long time to understand!