Tomorrow morning I leave for the western slope of Colorado to visit with my sponsor and her husband. I won't have internet access for a day or so. I am going to a resort on Wednesday and will have wi fi in my room, so I will be back.
I feel pretty brain dead, so how 'bout a gratitude list?
- I am grateful I never decided that the border of Iraq and Iran would be a lovely place for a hike.
- I am grateful that Larry King never cared about what was really going on in my family.
- I am grateful for a job where I can take a lot of time off - and get paid for it.
- I am grateful that I have a nice car that will be a pleasure to take on a road trip.
- I am grateful I have friends to visit along the way.
- I am grateful that "to these people I am truly related" - my AA family.
- I am grateful that I got to see my friend Larry at a meeting this morning - and he called me a princess!
- I am grateful for a lovely bed, under a lovely ceiling fan, with a lovely pillow, with a beautiful starched pillow case and it is calling me...
"Mary, Mary, come lay your head down and thank God for another sober day just before you drift off to dreamyland."