Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Buds on the Trees

There are buds on the trees. There are tulips in bloom in the garden. There are the deep almost red hued tiny leaves on the rose bushes. The ornamental grasses are starting to show green under all the brown from last year. Some of these things are nearly a month later than they would normally be. I don't care. I am just grateful they have happened at all. I had begun to think they never would. I will gratefully sleep with my window slightly open tonight.

I have two more days to get everything in order at work to take a week off work. This will hardly be a vacation. I am taking a week of vacation in order to take 40 hours of training to be an enumerator (census worker). Oh dear. What was I thinking? I will appreciate the money. And who knows? I could appreciate the work. My boss told me today that this year's workforce for the census is the most educated they have ever had. I laughed and told him I threw the curve off. I am sure I am not the only one.

I am tired and need to go to bed. I am grateful to live in the Mountain Time Zone. I can look up the results of American Idol online and then go to bed. I do not need to endure two hours of that show tonight.

Grateful also for another day sober. I don't care how many there are. I never cease being grateful for another one. I never take another one for granted. They are all precious jewels. Gifts from God.

Let us all shine together, shall we?

9 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I have to agree with your last sentence.

Mary LA said...

Another sober day is always something to be grateful for -- I love your pics of the spring

Syd said...

Glad that spring has arrived there. I had to smile at your being an enumerator--like the terminology. Enjoy your day.

dAAve said...

Spring hit here a couple of weeks late as well.
I'm glad there is not a limit to the number of sober days we can have.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

spring is springing and has sprung.

I love new buds and greener greens.

I guess that's why winter must also be appreciated, somehow spring is always so vibrant in comparison.

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog from the beginning. I'm glad you didn't give up. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder of Spring. At least it now looks like Spring here in Chicago, but it's still pretty cool. Great to have the green and all the other fresh colors, though!

Mia M. said...

i'm sure you're boss is right about the education that comes with being a census taker.

i really enjoy the naked truth of your blog. it's inspiring and refreshing.

Ed G. said...

I've spent the week where spring is about a month ahead of where I live.
I'm grateful for that.

Blessings and aloha...