Friday, February 17, 2006

4 degrees

But with wind chill, it is -5. Five Degrees Below Zero. That is cold. It is supposed to snow later today, and there is still frigid snow on the ground, and on the street. I am not running outdoors today.

It is Friday and I have a three day weekend ahead. I was going to take today off so that I could have a four day weekend, but I have too much to do. I will try to make today an enjoyable one at work.

7:00 p.m. Update: It is -1 degree. -17 with wind chill factor. It is freaking cold. I went swimming after work, which was wonderful. Then I went grocery shopping. (scintillating, isn't it?) When you step outside, you can feel the snot in your nose freeze up. It is really, really cold. I am writing this for the benefit of certain people from Puerto Rico and Houston who long for winter.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Further reinforcement to my theory that if we were suppposed to live in the cold we would have fur! Brrrr....

dAAve said...

I agree with aawoken.
That is too damn cold. I've never been in less than about 10-12 degrees. Don't plan on doing THAT again.

Rex said...

we are 2 but I haven't checed the wind chill. You guys don't know the funyou are missing.....cold winter night buried deep inside piles of covers with (insert name here), using body HEAT to keep warm....

Trudging said...

I do have fur!

JJ said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Have a great weekend Mary!
I see you,
JJ

Scott M. Frey said...

I feel your pain over here in Ohio, hence my wish for spring! You do have one thing over me, the scenery in CO is so beautiful... We have a nice flatland pastoral thing going on here in OH in the spring, summer and fall. But, winter is grey, grey grey, followed by a little more grey... ugh~!

I lived in Houston for three yrs, I remember their "winter." Cracked me up, parkas appear when the temp dips below 50! It's all relative!

Shannon said...

LOL mee too its only 17 and windchill is 0 LOL but its all relative huh??? hope you warm up soon we got up to 38 wooohooo a heatwave... LOL hang in there missy