Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday Evening

The kids just left. All three kids, one son-in-law, and two grandchildren. It was a lovely afternoon. I made barbequed ribs. I made too many barbequed ribs. When my daughter came in, she threw her NA key chain up on the kitchen counter - it felt fairly significant, even if staged, but no one said a word. I talked with my son-in-law for a while as he was sitting outside smoking. And I talked with Megan for a while as she sat using my computer. They are doing better. They are planning on staying together. The kids seemed to be fine - I am really relieved.

I went to a great meeting this morning. I took a painful but good anyway bike ride after the meeting. It was the first time I got back on my skinny tire bike after my accident last August. I was a bit afraid, but I think I will get used to it again.

The weather is gorgeous. It is 57 degrees now at almost 5:30 p.m. I don't know how warm it got this afternoon, but it was wonderful.

Tomorrow I will go back to work. I am grateful for my job - even if I don't always like it lately. I am grateful that my back isn't hurting as bad. I am grateful that my kids and grandkids are OK. I am grateful that they will all be back over here on Wednesday night for my daughters' birthday. I can't believe that my little baby twin daughters are going to be 27 years old. I am so grateful to say that I got sober when they were 5 years old and they don't remember their mother being drunk. What a miracle that is!

4 comments:

dAAve said...

another weekend for the sober history books

Trudging said...

I am glad for you.

JJ said...

Thanks for sharing.
JJ

Shannon said...

wow twins... 27

glad to hear you got back on your bike... courage