Friday, December 05, 2008

10º

My daughter called yesterday to tell me she bought a Saint for me from a gumball machine.  Then she sent this photo.  I love this photo, and I cannot wait to see this tiny St. Francis of Assisi.

I took my dear sponsee out for dinner last night, to celebrate her 13 years of sobriety.  It was so glorious to enjoy a meal with her. She and I share a passion for food... things like beef, baked potatoes with lots of cow fat added, dessert, and neither of us ever say a word about calories, or "oh, I am so full from this one green bean!"  or any other stuff that females frequently do.  We both really like to eat and it is fun to share a meal with each other.

I am very happy that it is Friday.  I am very happy that at work the weekly meeting that I dread is on Thursday - and it is over for another 6 days.  

I am very happy that I bought a new winter coat at REI on sale in the summer - for $40.  (down from $200.)  It is warm.  

You need a warm coat when it is in the single digit temperatures... I guess we broke a record last night for low temperature.... something below zero.  

Let's stay sober today, OK?

10 comments:

Pammie said...

It's in the mid 50's hear and our heater is on full blast, everyone has on gloves at work and thick socks!!!
PS: L's B.D is the 15th too :)

J-Online said...

I love your little St. Francis. How thoughtful of your daughter. Stay warm!

Shannon said...

good morning, and yea warm coats help, I like gloves, hats and scarves too hee hee
Happy Friday

Trailboss said...

I love that picture too. And many other things out of a gum ball machine. I have lots of pratice since I rarely pass one w/o stopping when Abby is with me:)

ws said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wait. What? said...

Cute Saint - and so tiny! The sale coat at REI was a steal - I wish I ahd thought to shop then for a coat!

Have a great weekend.

Cat

Scott W said...

People are such sissies about the cold here. Sorry, Pam.

Syd said...

I have several St. Francis statues in the yard. But not a little one like that.

I liked the Overland Sheep Company or something like that when I was in Denver. Nice coats there.

steveroni said...

They keep making saints smaller and smaller.

dAAve said...

St Francis is much smaller than I had imagined.