Saturday, December 20, 2008

Serenity

Do you see the tiny Serenity Prayer on the charm on the candle?  A sponsee gave me the candle for my birthday.  She makes things with beads and I just love the little bracelet for a candle.  

Last night I stood in the kitchen all night and made candy.  I have some packaged up with other things in a gift bag for the sponsee previously mentioned.  I will see her at the meeting this morning.  

My daughter just left for Montana, taking the mittens and slippers with her.  I will have the house mostly to myself for 2 weeks.  Though I am not glad she, my son, and my grandchildren will be gone for Christmas, I will be glad to have the house to myself for a while.  

It is very cold outside and my training plan says I am going to run 8 miles today.  We will see about that.  I may be going to Phoenix in January just for kicks - if I can't get my training on track there is no way I am running a half marathon in 28 days.  But I do have the tickets and the room bought and paid for, so a weekend in Phoenix could be nice in January - even without the race.  

I better get ready for the meeting.  Let's all stay sober today, OK?

11 comments:

dAAve said...

Maybe you should be running to your meetings. Or not.

Pammie said...

I think the quietness of Christmas for you this year may be just what the doctor ordered!
Love the candle.

Syd said...

Maybe the treadmill would do on such a cold day. Stay as warm as your heart.

Scott W said...

"Charm"ing post!

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty!

Trailboss said...

That is a nice picture of a nice candle. I love the bracelet too. I would guess that if you have not been able to train for the event it wouldn't be safe to try to compete in it. But Phoenix is probably nice this time of year!

steveroni said...

Today I plan to stay sober--a run for me just does not compute. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

Mary Christine said...

Syd, you are a genius! I am going to go to the gym and run on the treadmill for as long as I can... maybe not 8 miles though... it is harder to put the mies on the treadmill - it hurts!

But first - a NAP!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Having that solitary time with God is a wonderful thing sometimes, I love the peace I feel when I read your blog!

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Great post and beautiful candle and bracelet indeed, what a thoughtful sentiment. Thank you!
G

Anonymous said...

Hi MC just catching up this weekend, so here goes:

Happy Birthday!
Love the charm on the candle
LOVE the slippers, I am very jealous of your knitting skills!

I love your list of things that you love about Christmas. I love the colors too, but really did not realize it until you wrote about it. Thanks.

Happy for you and your new meeting!