Friday, March 30, 2012

Half a bubble off plumb

Gosh, I don't know what is going on, but it is kinda frustrating.  I had the internet debacle.  I have a problem with my work computer now.  Last night I picked up a package from one of my granddaughter's birthday gifts and sliced two of my fingers - just with plastic!

I hope to get some good sleep tonight - go out with my running club in the morning - spend most of the afternoon at the hair salon - go to church - eat dinner - sit down and write another post about how I am going to go to bed.... and on and on.

I went into work this morning and printed out the files I needed.  On the way home I stopped at Target to get a folding table to use as a desk while working at home.  I needed a specific place where I know I am "at work" even though at home.  It worked out well.  I got a lot of work done this afternoon.
This new "work area" is in the family room downstairs.  I virtually never use this room - the treadmill is there, a TV is there, there is a little gas stove that is wonderful in the winter.  And the walk-out sliding glass door was wide open today - there is nothing in the world like fresh air breezing through a window!

I'm grateful to be alive and sober.
I'm grateful I know I am an alcoholic so I know where I belong.
I am grateful I have a fellowship to belong to.
I am more grateful than words can say that my sober journey led me back to the church of my youth.
I am grateful for the structure and the community.
I am grateful to know what and who I believe in.

I think I will stay sober for the rest of today and I hope you do too.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

I've been in that room.

Syd said...

It looks like a nice room. I bet that fireplace is great!

Anonymous said...

Separating the work area from the "rest of the time" areas is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the title of this post!

Mary said...

I love 'I'm grateful I know I'm an alcoholic so I know where I belong'. Thank you for that!