Tuesday, March 20, 2012

stuff I do...

Today at lunch I walked to the 16th street mall and got my nails done.  I have been getting "gel nails" since January.  It is kind of an expensive habit, but I love having a nice manicure. It lasts for two weeks.  Today, instead of my usual light natural looking pink, I opted for bright red.  I LOVE red nails - and lipstick.  And if it didn't cost a fortune to maintain, I would have red hair.

Yes, I am an alcoholic.

And I don't really care if I look a tad flamboyant!  But just a tad.  I will wear a grey suit tomorrow with my red nails.  That will tone it all down right into mousiness!

I think this is one of those nights when I have absolutely nothing to say.  I am about to hit the bed, and when I do, I will thank God again for another glorious day of life and sobriety.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

MC, I can picture with a beehive, cigarette dangling from your lips, back in the day...;)

Syd said...

I like your flamboyancy!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:D yay for flamboyant...

I love the little streak of ... what is that... sparkle ... in you.

My sponsor has that too, and I'm ... well I'm still trying to figure out what I like, but I know that a little glitter never hurt anyone.

Pammie said...

girl...they look gorgeous !!!

dAAve said...

Those nails are great.
Have a lovely day, just being yourself. You do that well.

Mary Christine said...

Lou, That's funny, cuz "back in the day" I wore no make-up and wore my hip length hair straight.

SoberMomWrites said...

That's not flamboyance...that's STYLE baby!

amber said...

Your nails look beautiful! Love the color. I also get the gel manicures & they are the best. Have a great day. xo

Bar L. said...

Your nails look great. I hope you've heard this already so that I'm not the one spreading bad news about gel nails, but you need to know that when (if?) you have them taken off, your real nails are going to be thin and weak :(

I got gels in November and my nails are still recuperating. I wish they would have told me up front.

Have Myelin? said...

I love gel nails. If I had the money I'd go to there and get mine done too! Niceeee work.

I live south of you. =)