Monday, December 03, 2007

Monday Pre-Dawn

This day is huge. I have so many things to do. I am going to get to work a little early so that I can get a good start. It pays to start calm. When I get anxious and hurried I get wacky. In the middle of the day, I am meeting with 2 or 3 other women at work to knit. I started knitting with one, and then there were two, and now others are joining us. It is a good way to calm down a frantic day.

I ran 2 miles yesterday morning. It was good to get back out there. But I sure didn't feel like I did a week earlier (before my back injury) when running 7 miles just felt ordinary. 2 miles felt like a big deal yesterday. And today I am doing nothing.

I am still fighting depression. I just don't feel like myself. I want to feel like myself again. It is amazing to me how good my life is - when I get outside of it, like I am now, I want back in. I want to live my life the way it is. Good, sober, wholesome life.

Ask Him in the morning and thank Him at night...

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Fortunately, with your years of experience as a sober woman, you know that This Too Shall Pass.

Syd said...

I think that you'll be back to your 7 miles soon enough. Sometimes having a break seems bad but is just what we need.

Shannon said...

"When I get anxious and hurried I get wacky" - ME TOO!!!! I am that way right now.. LOL Ok starting my day over ... AGAIN LOL
I want to join you for knitting today.... ; )

Scott W said...

I should have taken up knitting before I had this surgery. I am sure I would be well into that afghan by now. Or maybe a toaster cozy.