Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Monday

It is a day. I got 10 hours of sleep last night - after not sleeping well for almost a week. I wish I could take a day off work. I am still utterly exhausted.

There is a lot going on in my family. I am not even going to write about it.

I talked with my sister for a long time last night on the phone. We talked about how much work these family dinners are getting to be. Somehow they didn't used to be. But we both agreed that we are so very grateful that our families are in our lives and that we provide the stability of being "mom" and "grandma" to our children and grandchildren. That our homes are stable and you can count on us. Our houses are pretty much the same every time you visit. There is always food in the frig, and we are always willing to put on our aprons and cook a meal. It is a good thing.

This morning though, I wish you could count on me to sit on a beach somewhere. I wish you could count on me to read an 800 pg. novel today. I wish you could count on me to get a manicure, pedicure, and massage today. I wish you could count on me to take a nap all afternoon.

However, you CAN count on me to get to work at a reasonable hour. You CAN count on me to work all day. You CAN count on me to talk to one or more of my sponsees by phone today. You CAN count on me to get to my class tonight.

I am grateful that I can do the things that aren't so much fun today. I will try to see if I can't schedule a day off somewhere in the next couple of weeks.

6 comments:

dAAve said...

It'll happen. Just wait; you'll see.

Scott W said...

In the Czech Republic on Easter Monday, boys and men go around to local girls and women and whip/beat/spank them until they give them decorated eggs. If colored eggs aren't available, chocolate will suffice, and some men only show up for alcohol. By noon, there's a potential for a lot of drunken men walking around with the idea of whipping women on their minds. Also after noon, the tradition says that women can retaliate by spraying and throwing water at the males.

People are so weird.

Trailboss said...

OMG So, that is horrible.

MC our work as mothers and grandmothers is never done is it?

Syd said...

You can count on me doing much the same thing that you're doing--working my job and the program.

Zanejabbers said...

Hi, luv, you can COUNT on me to always leave you a message.

Pammie said...

Well, I say we pack up and move to the Czech Republic where they know how to have a good time! Plus our bosses and children would never think of looking for us there.
I'm grateful that people can count on me now too girly girl.