Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday Morning

What's new? Nothing.
What's happening? Not much.

I am not running this morning because it is almost 7 a.m., and not yet light out. It is also 20 something degrees. I am just not up for running in the freezing cold dark morning - I can do it in December, but in March? not so much. So I will try to run after work tonight - I hate to do that because I have no energy after work, but it will be light outside and a lot warmer than it is now.

Last night my computer did something horrible. I was able to reboot, but I think it highlights my need for a new computer. I think I want a laptop. Last night I "built" a Dell - starting at $499. - I barely put one damn thing on it, and it ended up being $1,400. I think if I am going to spend over a thousand dollars on a computer, I might as well get a Mac. People who have them love them.

I have loved this Dell, but it is almost 6 years old! I still have a big fat monitor that looks like a big fat old television set. I used to buy a new computer every year when I was still in school, but I have had no good reason to buy one lately. I think I do now.

Part of why I want a notebook is that I want to take a lot of pictures on my trip to Alaska. If I can download them onto my computer, I can keep taking picture after picture after picture. If I can't do that, I will have to purchase more memory for an old camera, or take only 100 or so pics. I don't think that is reasonable!!!

Okay. Not much going on. Not much to say. Just plugging along.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

EVERYTHING is getting expensive! It is just out of hand.

Syd said...

I really like my Mac computers. I have an IMac and a Mac notebook. Both are great. I also have a big screen Dell notebook but it weighs a ton and stays in the library mostly.

Zanejabbers said...

Have a good run this evening.

Pammie said...

A would rather have a dell than any other kind.
Can you imagine NOT having a computer??