Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday Morning


Last night I went to an AA event at a fellow member's home. It was a fabulous turn-out and a fabulous time. We sat and ate and joked and laughed talked and talked and talked. It really was wonderful.

This was after a full day at school. My last of this semester. What happens in the future is still to be decided. The other teacher and I will meet this week to grade tests, papers, and decide what we want to recommend to administration.

So, yesterday should have been my 'long run' day. But since I was at school all day, I did not run at all. Yesterday it was 78º, today it is a freaking blizzard, and I am not getting my long run in. This really peeves me. I did go to church at 7 a.m., and decided after I got home from there that I am going nowhere else today. The roads are BAD.

I didn't sleep well last night. It seemed to me, in the psychosis of insomnia, that there was no soft place for my mind to rest. Everywhere it went, there were sharp edges. Unfortunately, even this blog has gone from a soft place to a place with sharp edges. This breaks my heart.

6 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

I hope your bloggage and you mind both return to a soft cushy edged place super soon...

Am-I-Alcoholic said...

peace will come in time. let go and let god. i just did a website that mite help www.Am-I-Alcoholic.com
peace be with you
Jim h

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pammie said...

this blog is still a soft place for me. little creamed corn

Anonymous said...

Your blog is my daily tonic and comfort. Please focus on those who care and not those who don't.

Syd said...

I think that the snow looks soft and nice. And a meeting at someone's home sounds great. Glad that your school work is over for now.