Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Morning

Rave Run: Boulder, Colorado
I did something this morning I have never done before... I woke up at 1:45 and thought it was 4:45. I got up and made coffee, said my prayers, did my meditation, and thankfully turned on the television (which I don't always do) and I realized my error. And I went back to bed and read until I got drowsy and fell asleep for a few more hours. Which was really kind of wonderful.

After work tonight I will drive up north to my old homegroup for a friend's 8th birthday. I will get to see some old friends. I am very much looking forward to that.

There is a lot of icy snow out there this morning. I better get ready to get out there. I hope I won't be cursed as I drive down the road as one of those "stupid people with 4 wheel drive who don't realize its limitations." I am sure I won't. After the car accident of July 2008, I am about the most timid drive you will see - at least under the age of 80. Yesterday I had my supervision meeting with my boss, which we often do at lunch. He drove... I have to explain every time that I have great difficulty being a passenger in a car after that accident. It is really embarrassing.

You know what bothers me most about that accident? We coulda/shoulda/woulda died. Everyone who saw the car and then saw us standing talking and being grateful to be alive couldn't believe it... and that includes the EMTs, the police and others who see these things every single day. But back to the point, the thing that bothers me the most? That accident happened so quick, I never prayed. Not even "oh my God." It would have just been over.

For a person who likes to pray always, that was a chilling thought.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you..." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

9 comments:

Scott W said...

Offer your life as a prayer and you will always be praying.

Mary LA said...

So glad you were spared.

Lou said...

I have seen people pass away in the hospital, and all of them were way to medicated to pray. That is also sad.

Unknown said...

I think your very breathing is a small prayer to God from what I have learned about you through your blog. Miracles happen. Everyday.

namaste

Pammie said...

I don't like thinking about you driving in those conditions, you have been known to get lost on a sunny day ya know. hee hee...lovin' ya.

Mary Christine said...

Oh Pammie, I know my way to work!

dAAve said...

A hearty Texas welcome.

Syd said...

Have a safe trip. I know that you will drive safely with that new car.
I have read that most people say "shit" before something tragic happens. That seems sad if true.

Ed G. said...

I have much to learn about an attitude of prayer. I think it might be important for me.

Blessings and aloha...