Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Morning

(you can tell this is an old photo - my trusty diet pepsi is at the side of my computer - I have now been 10 days without one!)

I'm enjoying my breakfast of steel cut oats with bee pollen, wheat germ, ground flax seeds and a small dab of honey and milk - just as I do every morning. It is a wonderful thing.

As I titled this "Thursday Morning," I recalled the early days of blogging when we indulged in Half Naaked Thursday. Oh, what fun that was. The point was to share a photo, with just a part of a body, you know, like a hand, or a foot, or an elbow, an ear, a finger... etc..... They were some of the most wonderfully creative photos. I so looked forward to that every Thursday morning. After a year or so of that, my neighbor commented on Wednesday night that I was always outside taking photos of my feet on Wednesdays - and what on earth was I doing anyway? I hadn't thought I was so obvious! It was great community building for us. But then along came the people who posted pictures of their dogs every week and some who posted pictures of "parts" not in keeping with the spirit of the thing, and before long, we just lost interest. I miss it.

Since I am again training for a big race (marathon - woo hoo!) I am again planning my life around my runs... which means I am planning my life around weather. I was going to run this morning, but looked at the weather and realized that since it is supposed to snow on Saturday I will make my long run on Sunday. Which means I can make my short run tomorrow instead of today. I am only going to run 3 days a week because I am too old to run much more than that without getting injured. I will cross train 2 other days. And rest 2 others. So, this is a rest day!
I have a big day at work today - but that is the new normal. Not that I had small days before. But now they are almost all overwhelmingly huge. But that is what I do well. I am not good at normal days.

I think I shall get to it. Gratefully sober. Grateful for the Grace of a Loving God who did for me what I could never have done for myself.

7 comments:

Scott W said...

Half Naked Thursday was fun but it was time consuming. It was fun, though, while it lasted and made for some fun self-portraits.

Syd said...

I liked Half Naked Thursday. It was fun. Too bad that it ended. I have lots more half naked photos now!

dAAve said...

I kinda misss HNT too. Some weeks there was a lot of planning that went into those pictures. Other weeks, not so much.

Much like AA, once we got away from the purpose, it lost its importance.

ce la vie

Ed G. said...

Oh the things we youngsters missed from the good old days...

We could try full naked Fridays? Might be a much shorter-lived deal.

Blessings and aloha...

Lou said...

I was thinking what Ed G. said. "Full naked" leaves little room for error though..LOL

Scott M. Frey said...

good luck with your training MC, I know how much you revel in this stuff... I have been continuing my efforts at the gym but had to take a couple weeks off due to a knee boo-boo but I am back at it.

HNT was fun :-)

Therapy4help said...

Thanks for writing this informative article