Monday, February 08, 2010

Tuesday Morning

It likely will be Tuesday morning when you read this - right?

I think I write crap at night. I am tired after a long day.

I haven't had a Diet Pepsi for 34 hours. I feel foggy and jittery all at the same time. Back in September I cut back to one 24 oz. bottle a day. I am glad I did that because that was a big cut from what I WAS drinking. But that is still way too much of a liquid that is nothing but a bunch of chemicals. There is a pretty solid body of evidence that it is not good for you. My past experience with abstinence from it bears that out for me. But I have gone back to it again and again. My heart is not in this right now. But I have been encouraged by a friend and a physical ailment that I do not want to visit my physician about... I know he will tell me to knock off the Diet Pepsi because he has done it before.

I am not on my "A game" today. I think I shall call it a day. It's a day!

14 comments:

Pammie said...

We just don't get moderation. It's a gallon of pepsi or none at all. WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR BRAINS????

dAAve said...

Best o' luck with the Pepsi thing. I dont' know what else to say this morning, so HAVE A DAMN GOOD DAY!

Unknown said...

I sending you all sorts of calming and peaceful thoughts. I'm encouraged by your commitment. I'm rooting for you!

namaste

Scott M. Frey said...

I drink a fair amount of dite coke... perhaps I ought to look into that. Thanks MC!

Scott W said...

Perchance the 'B' game is good enough for today. Pam mentioned moderation--what is that?

Dr24Hours said...

There are lots of studies showing that people who drink a lot of diet soda are indeed sicker: but they're totally confounded. It's really hard to control for diet and such: I mean are they ordering that diet coke with a Monster Burger and Curly Fries?

Anyway, I'm sure you're right. Less is better. I've switched mostly to soda water, rather that diet coke. Carbonated water with a splash of lemonade in it is really good to my mind.

Lou said...

Don't worry, I have a feeling our government will soon ban soda.

wendy said...

I can relate - I hope you are feeling better soon (and I hope you stay away from diet soda more successfully than me - from what you write I've had similar experiences with abstinence)

Hope said...

I'm going to go buy a bunch of tulips for my desk today. Yours are beautiful.

Syd said...

I like club soda. I don't know if it has a lot of chemicals but I like the fizzy taste. I bet you will be on your game later today!

Ed G. said...

A day it shall be.
I have hope you will succeed in kicking the diet P thing.
Blessings and aloha...

Anonymous said...

If I can do this you sure can Mary, some of my earliest memories are of getting an ice cold coca-cola or Dr. Pepper out of the vending machine at my Dad's gas station. Four years old and yes I had to have my own 16 oz. bottle, I was not sharing! Hmmm....anyway, remember when pop came in bottles? Plastic and aluminum took away some of the pleasure for me. Now I just think how much better my body likes Peligrino water instead of all those chemicals.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post.
Yes, hold on tight. This too shall pass!
YOU are on the road to a better life with out that soda in it!

Mike said...

thanks for the post.

You are doing a good thing for your body. Remember, this too shall pass!