Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!

Having a commitment on a Tuesday morning is always challenging. I don't get home from biblical school until 9:30 p.m. on Monday nights, so being at an AA meeting at 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning is a bit of a stretch for me. But I will get there.

Does it take anyone else 2 hours to get out of the house in the morning? My co-workers can get up at 6:30 and be at work by 8:00. I can get up at 4 a.m. and not be at work until 8:30, and come rushing in, breathing hard because I am "running late."

Of course, they don't blog.

So, this morning, I better make this short and get out of here. I told someone I would be at that meeting, so I better be.

Let's stay sober again today, OK?

13 comments:

Scott W said...

10-4!

Hope said...

I am up before 5 AM to be at work at 8. I have nearly an hour commute.

Mama Westray said...

Thanks for this, commitment to change is inspiring,

Unknown said...

Have a lovely day!

namaste

Lou said...

I'm betting we do more before we get to work at 8:30am, than some of our co workers do all day. I thank God daily I have the health to live this way.

Trailboss said...

I am up at 5:30am every morning and make it to work way before 7. My commute is 20 miles in the morning. I can say however that in past years it did take me a lot longer to get ready in the mornings. These days I have made as much in my life simple as I can.

Syd said...

I can be ready in an hour for work, or less some days. It's the 40 minute drive that takes the time. But thankfully it is mostly a beautiful drive.

Willa said...

I'm a two hour person myself, I regretfully admit. The shower, the coffee drinking, the hair do.

Always was, always have been. Now at least I don't have a hangover, thank God.

dAAve said...

I like to have an hour, but I can wake up and then be somewhere 10 minutes later.

Annette said...

Oh how funny...blogging! of course! I was thinking, "Gosh, is it your hair, your makeup, that takes so long?" I have gotten pretty quick in my old age....and I wear my curly hair curly now so that helps. lol

Ed G. said...

I go through phases - some times I roll out of bed and into the car. Other times (like now) it seems to take forever to get going in the morning - blogging or not.

I'm just not as much into the whole "time" thing as I used to be - but that's just me. That does cause issues when others become involved.

Blessings and aloha...

Pammie said...

I get up at 4:30 and leave at 6:30..yes, that pesky blog thing!!

Garykfc said...

I will take that day of sobriety, thank you very much. Have a great day.