Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Injured and Tired

Yesterday I went out for a 7 mile run. At two miles I realized I needed to head home. For the last 1.5 miles, I limped. For the last .5 mile, I limped and cried. I would have happily accepted crutches from a passer-by should one have happened by and offered them.

I sent off an e-mail to my coach and although she is in Spain at this time, she rapidly answered me. Once again, I need to back off the mileage. I will swim or bike for time equivalents of my workouts until Monday - then we will re-evaluate.

So, after this nice simple omelette this morning, I will head off to a meeting, then to a busy day at work. Whenever I am at my desk, I shall have an ice pack applied.

And yes, I do cook omelettes, and nearly everything else, in a cast iron pan. I think if I had five minutes to evacuate my house, this pan might be one of the first thing I grabbed. I have used it nearly every day since I got it in 1977. They get really really good after all those years.

OK. Gotta get ready for the meeting.

"He is going to be more interested in a demonstration of our good will than in our talk of spiritual discoveries." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 77

6 comments:

Syd said...

I have a set of those cast iron skillets passed down from my grandparents. They are awesome. Keeping them well oiled is good.
I hope that your aching bones will be better soon. I had to cut out the running because my feet were a mess--broken toes, lost nails--you know how it goes. I am happier with the other exercise that I do--rowing, sailing, walking. More time to meditate.

Carverlane said...

That is a bummer. Fabulous-looking omelette, though!

Kim from sAn Antonio

Willa said...

Mary, I bet it is a treat to eat at your house no matter what you make!

I hope you feel better soon and can run at much as you desire.

dAAve said...

I told you to ...
TAKE IT EASY!

Brad said...

Take care of yourself! I'm back to blogging at my site: www.thisunmanageablelife.com

♥ Brad

Anonymous said...

Reads my reviews about male enhancement pills befor your buy male enhancement products that really works and effective to increase your health and better your life. thank you. you can reads this reviews at http://www.male-sexual.com - vimax pills - penis enlargement