Thursday, July 22, 2010

Walking and Breathing

I visited my chiropractor yesterday and got more relief from my pain. She also told me I can go out and walk - not run. It was so wonderful to get out this morning and witness the sunrise. The above photo was actually intended to be focused on birds - which you can't see. But I love the photo anyway. I wish you could smell what it was like out there.

I want to thank you for your prayers yesterday. I really believe they helped. I also got phone calls from lots of people who care about me. I need to focus on them and not on the people who have shown me they don't care about me. My sponsor keeps making this point to me, but I persist in trying to have relationships with people who have proven themselves to be cruel. You know what? I don't need to have cruel people in my life. It is that simple.

God is faithful, always there. I am the variable. He is not.

So, when it is like this, I need to break it down to the tiniest little things to relish, to enjoy, to thank God for.
  • The walk this morning was nearly overwhelming - it was so glorious.
  • I am about to get into the bathtub, I love that every single morning.
  • I have a long linen skirt to wear to work this morning, it is pretty and it feels nice.
  • The presentation went well yesterday.
  • I have an uncanny ability to put things together at the last moment - unfortunately, I have an uncanny inability to put them together ahead of time.
  • My running coach referred me to a wonderful chiropractor, I think I am going to get many problems with my back resolved for the first time in many years.
  • It may cost some money, but I can actually scrape it together.
  • I have many friends, and when I chose to, I can focus on them instead of who doesn't seem to appreciate my many fine qualities!
  • I have a homegroup that is still intact 26 years later where I can celebrate my birthday on Sunday... that is a rare blessing.
Thanks again for your prayers.
xoxox,
mc

4 comments:

Mary LA said...

So glad to hear you are in less pain. Take care Mary Christine.

dAAve said...

All good.
That's good.

Syd said...

I am glad that you got some relief from the pain. I somehow knew that things would be okay for you. And I agree with you about friends.

Pammie said...

I wish I could have taken that walk with you!
How awesome that God has put someone in your life that may have some healing powers for your back.
I prayed for your chiropractor yesterday that God would give her intuitive thoughts about what would help YOU specifically, because I've seen him make ordinary people--quite extrodinary.
So glad you got to get out....little cherry blossom