Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Morning

I am off to a meeting - at my old, old homegroup. I will put my name on the calendar to celebrate my birthday in two weeks. It will be good to sit there this morning with people I have known and who have known me for a long, long time.

I did my 12 miles yesterday. It hurts. I have a huge blister on my foot. My back hurts. I am seriously wondering how this body is going to come up with 26.2 miles if 12 hurts this bad. Next week I am supposed to run 7 miles on Tuesday, 6 on Thursday, and then 16 on Saturday.

My son and his wife (and I hope their dog) are coming over for dinner later today. It will be good to see them. They were in Montana, and then I was in San Antonio, so I haven't seen them for a while.

Then back to work tomorrow. That will be good.

I am feeling the let down after a huge event. I looked forward to the International for so long. It was such a wonderful experience. Now I am back to the regular old reality - and some of it hurts - literally. I usually have something to look forward to on the horizon. Right now the only things I have on the agenda are a half marathon in August (which should be fun) and a full marathon in September - and just writing that makes my stomach flip. Of course, there is something on someone else's calendar in October- a BABY! And that is massively life-changingly great.

I will adjust to this new reality. I am just still tired....

6 comments:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

lots to look forward to, even if we can't always see it clearly... I just kinda have to believe that is true. Look at the evidence, right?! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you say I hope the dog too? Mary loves a doggy, Mary loves a doggy! Miracles never cease!

Syd said...

A friend's sister just completed the 100 mile run in Colorado. She finished third for women. That seems like a really rough thing on the body.

dAAve said...

My sponsor would say to just live in the day. Don't worry about the future.

Carverlane said...

26.2 miles? Are you CRAZY?
Um, nevermind...

Kim from sAn Antonio

Mary LA said...

Birth is like renewal -- this is going to be a wonderful year for you.