Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Small Victories

I managed to get my eight miles in this morning, and they were wonderful. It was a perfectly glorious morning. I love being outside to see the sunrise, and I particularly like being outside in the foothills for the sunrise. Making my way through that trail was delicious with the growth tickling my legs. It was just a good, good morning.

then there was work...

After work I went to see my chiropractor. I got to report to her that I have no pain. It is an amazing thing to report. I have essentially been in pain since I fell on my driveway on December 20, 2007. I have spent hundreds of dollars on x-rays, doctors appointments, and physical therapy over the last 2.75 years, with no relief from the pain. And then I went to see this chiropractor at the urging of my running coach, and against my "better" judgement. And two weeks later I have no pain. Holy cow.

And now, Thanks to trying to do research on this on my blog, I have realized that the fall in my driveway was actually in 2006 not 2007. So it is 3.75 years that I have suffered with piriformis syndrome. Interesting...

I think I decided to take the train across the state to go see my sponsor in August. The day after my half-marathon.

Do you know that I used to tell you all what I was doing? But thanks to someone who extrapolated a tiny bit of information I gave him into finding my last name, my address, and home telephone number, and then used all that information in very creepy ways... I no longer tell you guys the dates of things or the places. Isn't that sad? But let that be a warning to some of the newer bloggers. That's my PSA for today.

I am a happy pain-free sober lady tonight. I think I will sit my pain-free self down for a while and knit for a little while before I go to bed.

7 comments:

dAAve said...

"then there was work"

I cracked up at the small font.
Glad you're pain free.

Syd said...

I like the "work" statement. I went in today to the office and did some "free" stuff writing on the book.

I hate that there are stalkers in blog land. I guess that is what they are called. Another blogger had a person who was very inappropriate and had to discuss getting a restraining order. I am glad to remain anonymous as much as possible.

Pammie said...

How wonderful that God knows a chiropractor and arranged for you to meet her!
I ran 8 miles this morning as well....then I woke up from the nightmare ;)

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I know the feeling of knowing better and then just going because ... well my husband is a chiropractor, when I began to date him I thought chiropractors were quacks.

Little did I know that he would not only convince me through his love and experience to just see for myself by going and chatting with a chiropractor with the same type of specialty, but... well I'm in recovery because of his ability to just share his experience and allow God to work.

Funny and good stuff!

And no migraines for over 5 years now when I used to suffer with them frequently. The rest of my body has healed over time as well.

I appreciate the understanding of privacy on the internet, I am sorry that there are people who still have sick intentions, they kinda make it difficult to befriend fully those who don't because of the fear factor. But, we do find a way to stay connected somehow. :)

Willa said...

I'm happy that you're pain-free!

I cringe about what Syd is reporting.

Have a great day today, Mary.

Carverlane said...

That is wonderful news that you are pain-free! Loved Pam's comment on running...

Kim from sAn Antonio

Linda Myers said...

I just found out about piriformis syndrome last week - finally have a name for it.

Thanks to my chiropractor and a gifted massage therapist, my pain is being relieved. Isn't it wonderful?