Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Morning

It is Friday. The sun is coming up earlier. The sun is staying up longer. The birds are actually singing this morning. It is so much easier to feel hopeful when it is spring.

I can now settle into my new/revised life. My sponsor has moved. My son left. The "big event" at the hospital has come and gone (we did very, very well.) I still have two more days of my class. The class is great. It is a wonderful place to be going through a bit of an emotional upset. For one thing, we are silent most of the time. The work is pretty all-consuming. The teacher and the fellow students are wonderful.

Yesterday I was so upset about my son leaving that I found myself doing that jagged breathing that you do when you are crying. Or like little kids and babies do after they have cried for a long time. It is just what I do when I get overwrought. This morning I am pleased to say that I find that I am breathing again.

Life is good when you are sober. No matter what. Thanks to The Grace of a Loving God.

8 comments:

dAAve said...

I once placed an old jacket on top of an iron fence.
It too was over-wrought.

Anonymous said...

Daily readings and meditations help during lifes ups and downs don't they? Like a helpful way to balance all and still be able to listen to the birds sing.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend!
Thanks for sharing ~

Trudging said...

I am glad your are breathing again! My heart is with you.

Gooey Munster said...

Wow woman, you are feeling EVERYTHING. I know that cry, straight from the pit of the stomach. I am sending you some love! You sound well and so courageous.

I am excited to see that you are channeling your emotional state to some creative endeavors. I was looking at the latest post in your photo blog, some really beautiful things.

Sam said...

keep taking care of yourself...

lash505 said...

Your sober today, so you are a winner.

Shannon said...

I am in one of those emotional modes...
dont you just love Daave.. he makes me laugh

I loved the paiting, beautiful

I shared about you tonight, about Gods timing. Thanks for sharing that the other day, I needed it... and am holding on to it...

have a great meeting tomorrow morning... :)

Scott M. Frey said...

over wrought, dAAve that's great!

Mary Christine... I cannot really imagine how you must be feeling, with your son going away and all. But, I can tell you that you're not alone. My prayers are with you and your son, for God's will!
\
Congrats on seeing that class through and broadening your horizons.