Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Peace and Quiet

Thank you so much for all your prayers. It is almost 6:30 a.m. My house is quiet. My daughter and her family have gone. It was chaos here for 2 days. I have a low tolerance for chaos.

Today I am grateful for the son-in-law I thought was the worst thing that ever happened to my daughter when she started seeing him. I am grateful for the resiliency of their children. They are happy little children. I am grateful that their father has been their primary care giver since they were born - it lessens the tragedy of their mother being out of the picture for now. He thinks she will "come around" after a while more. I don't know that she ever will. I am so angry with her.

I am also grateful for my son - last night he had to go to Seattle, but he called to let me know. And he invited me to the official going away party on Saturday.

I am grateful that I have some good habits of sobriety so that even though my life doesn't *seem* very good right now, I can look around and realize that it is. It is life. Life isn't always a sunny day in the park. I do NOT want a drink and I am more grateful every day for my sobriety and a loving God who takes care of me (and all the rest of his children).

8 comments:

NMAMFQLMSH said...

I'm grateful for you.
I see you,
JJ

Rex said...

I'm glad you have your son-in-law to count on. Hope you have a restful twenty-four.

Tracie said...

Rest up and take care of your self. Enjoy the quiet and lack of chaos around you. Be well.

Shannon said...

seattle is close by me... I will say hi!!!!

have a great peaceful daay

sirreene said...

Children are amazingly resilient. And it is wonderful that your son-in-law is able to care for them. Enjoy the quiet.

dAAve said...

Try (your best) to not be angry with your daughter but at the disease, while remembering that every day can't be a Doris Day.

Trudging said...

Your list really touched me.

Scott said...

I am glad your grandkids have a dad they can rely upon to do the right thing... and I too share your lack of tolerance for chaos... funny to hear an alcoholic say they can't stand chaos isn't it? sort of ironic considering all that I caused back in the day...

my prayers are with you