Friday, March 17, 2006

My Blog! My Blog! Save My Blog!

What the heck is going on with this blog? I am posting right now even though I have no blog. Maybe this post will show up tomorrow, like the one I posted this morning and didn't show up until late this afternoon.

I am now officially on vacation. I spent the day briefing others on what they need to know while I am gone. It was intense, but kind of fun. I cleaned off my desk, and left notebooks full of things that others may need. It felt good to do what I could - and not try to control the universe. I will see how I deal with things should the "big event" occur while I am gone.

I won't get to go to the going away party for my son tomorrow. He is stuck in Idaho. Trying to fly a helicopter back to Colorado. I am disappointed about missing the event. I think it would put a formality to the whole nebulous "my son is going to Iraq" thing. I hesitate to even talk about it. For one thing - I do not care to hear someone use this as their platform to talk about their political beliefs. I am talking about my son, my only son. I cannot rationally discuss a war when I am talking about my only son. I respect him. I respect that he actually wants to do this. I am proud of him. I wish he wanted to spend his life in a library, but I don't get to control what he does as an adult.

OK, this is turning into a tirade. I better stop. It is late, I am tired. But I am on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N.

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Glad your blog is working again and I don't have a clue why it disappears.
That's too bad about not getting to "send off" your son. I guess that's part of dealing with the army.
Enjoy this time off and the class you're gonna take.

Unknown said...

That sucks. That is missing saying goodbye to your son. Have a wonderful vacation. I need one.

JJ said...

I see you
I see your blog
I was having trouble with blogger too.
(((((((Hugs to you and your son))))))
JJ