Friday, March 03, 2006

The sun comes out again...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments yesterday. I was really feeling awful. Today I wake up and have hope in my heart again. I haven't talked to my daughter so I don't know what is going on with her, and I am deliberately trying to take care of myself - not her. But for today, it is 6:59 a.m., I just woke up minutes ago... I actually heard birds singing this morning!

Yesterday I found out that I got into the Icon Painting class. I am so excited about this. I put in my leave request for an entire week off work to go to this class. I'll have a lot of work to do at work to get ready to take a week off, but I can't wait to go to this class.

I went to a meeting last night. It was sad to realize that my sponsor wouldn't be there (since she moved on Saturday). It was a really good meeting which was nice because I have been thinking about changing home groups again. I got sober in a rougher part of town and I got used to bikers and truckers and cowboys and strippers and prostitutes. Here we have a bunch of people in suits and "business casual" and I am the only one who says "fuck", etc. in the meeting. I don't mind the difference in socio-economic group, but I don't like the prissiness of the new group. My sponsor used to call some of the women in the group "the platinum ovary" girls. Meaning they got sober and suddenly were pure and saintly.

Okay. I have done my reading and meditation, and now my blogging, and I need to get in gear and get bathed, groomed, dressed, and out of here! It is going to be a good day.

4 comments:

Rex said...

Great share....and yes it will be a good day. Thanks for sharing.

dAAve said...

Oh honey!!
You should sit in on some of our gay meetings. Not only might learn some new words, but new ways to hit bottom (don't think too ahrd about that).

Mary Christine said...

Oh, the meeting with the truckers, bikers, hookers and cowboys also has gay men and lesbians. I love that group!

Clare said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog and I'm glad you are doing better and heard birds singing. That's always a nice way to wake up.

Clare