Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Morning

I love Monday Morning. It is already 48 degrees outside, an hour before sunrise. After I write this, I will lace on my running shoes, and head out for a nice sunrise run. I have a meeting with my boss this morning, and I believe that is all that is on my calendar for today. Maybe I will be able to clean up some loose ends at work. That would be good. Then tonight, a 5:30 meeting. All in all, this sounds like a great day. Any of this could change at a moment's notice, as we all know....

Yesterday morning, I was heading out for a bike ride when the phone rang. It was my daughter and she was a mess and asking if I could pick her up and could she please spend the day here. Obviously, I took off my bike shoes, my bike shorts, etc., threw on a pair of jeans and went and got her. We spent a lovely day together. We barbequed steaks, and even went to an AA meeting together! I pray she can get done today what she needs to get done, and get herself into rehab. She is definitely not on drugs right now. But she decided to go to the bar on Saturday night and got another lesson in her alcoholism... which doesn't SEEM like a big problem when she is using. Her boyfriend was HORRIFIED at her behavior when drinking. He, having no close personal experience with alcoholism, told me, "she shouldn't even have ONE drink." How cute.

Life seems full of endless possibilities today. I am grateful that I am sober so that I can see the possibilities and actually get to experience life.

"All AA progress can be reckoned in terms of just two words: humility and responsibility. Our whole spiritual development can be accurately measured by our degree of adherence to these magnificent standards." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 271

7 comments:

Sober Steve said...

I feel for you watching your daughter. I am now just relizing what my family went thru before I checked myself into rehab. My parents have waited for 20 years for me to say I finished rehab and am sober. I am now watching my son start to walk down that dark road. I pray that he dosn't fall pray to this DZ, but I can't control that.

I chuckled about you being in training for a 1/2 marathon. 20 some years ago, I ran also. Did a marathon and a few 1/2's. While in rehab I went to the YMCA daily. After a few days I thought about making that a goal for spring. After a one mile run I thought I should just get myself into shape before my alcoholic mind had me running 26.2 miles. You know I'm steve so I wouldn't have to run the last tenth. lol.

peace
hugs and Kisses
Steve

lushgurl said...

You sound good today MC, fit and strong (emotionally too). Have a great day- unless God has made other plans for you LOL
love ya gurl!
HUGS

Scott W said...

Magnificient standards...yes!

Trudging said...

Yep, I horrified a couple of boyfriends too who thought I should not drink. Duh!

Syd said...

It's a good day when life is filled with possibilities. It sounds as if you are able to take on what comes your way. Hoping that you and your daughter have a good day. I've horrified a few people and I hardly ever drink.

Grace said...

I worry so much about my kids drinking given my history. Glad she comes to you for support.

Anonymous said...

what an eventful day - and life, eh?

I know that when I share with people that I was beginning to grapple with my disease, the people who have personally experienced alcoholism reacted very very differently than people who had not.

But i guess personal, firsthand experiences can be eye-opening.

I can't say it enough - your state of mind is pretty inspiring.
God bless