Thursday, December 29, 2011

The David Stone

Our dear friend and blogger, Pammie, gave me this gift when I met her - I think it was in 2006 or 2007.  It has been on the counter between the kitchen and dining room  - where I see it every day - since then.

It is a wonderful reminder.  Sometimes I think my problems are too ordinary and boring for God to be interested in.  But I know that my constant nagging and pleading is OK with God - and he has never let me down me before.  It is also a wonderful reminder that I am not alone.

I was supposed to be in the pool 16 minutes ago.  I don't know how I am going to write this and get there - and get to work.  Last night I looked at my blog and could not write one word.  It looks like, for now, I need to write in the morning and deal with the rest of the things I need to do.  I know this can change because there have been times when I have written at night and it worked.  Just not right now.

My "normal" daughter has had health problems since the middle of December.  It is so shocking to be worried about her.  It started with a deep vein thrombosis in her leg.  Yesterday she was sent for a CT scan, where they did find a pulmonary embolism.  I was shocked that they sent her away with a PE. She has oral meds and injections she has to take twice a day for another month.  She said she would text me when she gets up this morning, and I am anxiously awaiting the text.  I wish I had asked her what time to expect that text.  I tried to get her to stay with me last night - but she is as independent as her mother is.  She looked at me like I was nuts.  I understand, daughter, I really do.

There are so many serious things brewing around me.  I need to "be there" for those people who need me (even if they don't know it) and turn to God for my strength.  Left to my own devices, I cannot handle any of this.  But I know that no problem is too big for God and it will be OK.  Nothing may be the way I want it, but it will be OK.

9 comments:

Syd said...

I like that stone. And do believe that all will be okay. Your daughter is a chip off the block. Not an old block, but a solid stable block.

dAAve said...

see above

shadowlands said...

Will remember you both in prayers, regularly.

Simply Me said...

What a wonderful reminder and a good way to start each day.

Will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

Let Go, Let God said...

Great reminder: "Nothing may be the way I want it, but it will be OK." So true. Your family is also in my prayers.

Lou said...

I have a Pammie gift too! I hope someday to have an MC gift, given in person.

My daughter has a very hectic life right now. I saw how tired she is, how frazzled, and how she has absolutely no time for herself when we were at her house at Christmas. I felt bad knowing all this time, I had not given any thought to the rough time she is having.

A great reminder how we are also needed by the ones who do not ask.

Pammie said...

Oh Mary!!! As soon as I saw the pic on your blog I thought...wait..that looks awfully familiar! How touching that you still look at it and enjoy it's meaning.
Our poor normal children really do not get the "best" of us and I think it's because the "best" gets used up and wore out by the other(s).
I do not like that they let her go home either, it's scary honey and I feel ya on that. I will add her to my prayer list.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Thank God for consistency and a message of hope! Your post is a great comfort and good reflection!

:) I'm grateful for my blog friends

ScottF said...

looks to me like that stone will come in handy right now :) prayers for you and your daughter from Ohio.

God Bless and Merry Christmas.