Sunday, December 04, 2011

Sunday

I put up the Christmas tree this weekend.  What a lot of work!  It always brings me joy to place the Texas boot - a gift from Dave U. of Higher Powered fame - on the tree.

I have the tiny granddaughter all day today while her mom is serving our nation.  I took her to church with me.  Oh, my aching back!  It is a lot of work to keep a 13 month old quiet and peaceful for a solid hour!  But we did it.

We are greatly looking forward to watching the Broncos game.  I hope they can win again and maybe shut up the haters about a certain prayin' quarterback.  We'll see.  I still don't have the nerve to put my Broncos t-shirt on.  Some weird part of me says it is bad luck for them.

I'm just a sober nana today.  Nothing going on.  Just cooking, baking, watching a baby, and going to church.  God has been so very good to me.


10 comments:

JeremyRT said...

I LOVE the ornament.

I also just bought Tebow's book for my brother for Christmas. Almost got myself a copy but it's the season of giving :)

Syd said...

It's nice to have a quiet day. Enjoy it.

dAAve said...

Put your Broncos shirt on.

Last 100 Days said...

Just being sober - I like it. Like it's almost normal...

Lou said...

"bronco haters" ..LOL

Bar L. said...

Sounds like a lovely day....now I am going to have check the football scores to see if your team won! I hope so.

Elizabeth said...

Aaah. Sounds like a beautiful Sunday...

Mary LA said...

Love that Texan cowboy boot!

Pammie said...

How did we do it with out babies when we were young Mary?
Love your tree!

ScottF said...

sounds like a wonderful, peaceful Sunday, awesome!