Tuesday, August 31, 2010

From my iPhone...

When I got home from work last night, I had no Internet access. Being an alcoholic, with my own seedy history, I thought perhaps I hadn't paid the bill. But I checked it, and the bill isn't due till the middle of next month. The cruel irony? My iPhone wasn't working either!

I went to my neighbor to ask if some dastardly evil force had shut off my beloved Internet as a whole. She assured me that was not the case as all of her access was working just fine. I came home and read about (spoiler alert ha) Anna Karenina's suicide and went to bed, satisfied that I was simply not meant to access the world wide web at that moment.

So now I am waiting for daylight so that I can go out and run seven miles. The mornings are starting to be cool. I have only 46 more days of marathon training. I will be very relieved when it is over. It is a gruesome task.

I actually had things to write about last night, but writing on an iPod is challenging. (syd, I did download a blogger app for my phone, but not a good one, could you give me the name of the one you use again?)

Let's all stay sober again today, ok?

8 comments:

steveroni said...

OK

Syd said...

MC, I use Blog Press. You can also get Blog Press Lite for free. It allows for uploading of photos and posts right to Blogger. It works for me when I am on the boat and only have the iPhone or iPad.

Good luck with your run and day.

Dr24Hours said...

I feel good because I walk a half mile from my parking spot to the hospital and back every day. Sometimes TWICE!

Your running inspires me, but also makes me question your sanity. ;)

dAAve said...

I don't have an iPhone, but I know some of the apps. My favorite one is "Talking Carl." Get it.

Garykfc said...

I am envious that you are running. I hope to start again soon.

dubai apartments said...

Whenever i see the post like your's i feel that there are still helpful people who share information for the help of others, it must be helpful for other's. thanx and good job.

CJ said...

Hi Mary,

I stumbled across your blog today, while searching for blogs written by people who are living with ongoing sobriety. I recently admitted to being an alcoholic, so I started writing a blog to track my journey into sobriety. With a little luck and determination, my blog will help keep me accountable for my actions.

Carverlane said...

Well, thank goodness you still have the iPhone! And now I have to check out that "Talking Carl" app.

Kim from sAn Antonio