Monday, September 05, 2011

Labor Day

I was walking around the grounds of the hospital where I work the other day and found this old entry to nothing.  Since our hospital is on grounds that were formerly an Army fort that was established during the civil war, there are lots of weird old things like that on grounds... and I love them.

I attended a meeting this morning and saw some old pals.  I stood outside talking to one for nearly an hour.  She is exactly my age and has been sober for eighteen years, I have known her for most of those eighteen years.  It is always nice to talk with her.

Last night I went to see a great movie with my gentleman friend.  It has gotten mixed reviews, but we both really liked "The Debt."  I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and gasped several times.  It is very suspenseful with dark twists and turns.

Today I intend to have a very low-key day.  I am still feeling the effects of the migraine prevention medication I have started.  It makes me incredibly tired.  BUT I have not had a migraine for a week now, and that is a big deal.  Some of the docs at work have assured me that I will get used to the medication... but I know I will never get used to the migraines.

I hope you all have beautiful days.  If you have the day off, I hope you enjoy it.  If it is your first sober holiday, remember, your alcoholism never took a holiday, neither does your recovery.

God bless you all.

DAVE HAS EIGHT YEARS OF CONTINUOUS SOBRIETY TODAY - GO OVER AND WISH HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

5 comments:

dAAve said...

Well, that's good news about your migraines.

I love that picture. It would be cool ot know the history behind it.

Thanks. And you know what I mean.

Di-Git said...

I have migraines myself. Some days all I can muster is sleep, it is so painful. I try and practice turning it over on a continual basis. Good luck with the prevention medication.

Syd said...

I like to go to Fort Moultie because it has neat old remnants where people now live. Glad that you have some relief from the migraines.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Love the pic!

Lou said...

I loved your "200 posts", just didn't get a chance to comment on it. I believe if even one post connects with someone, or even one commenter connects with me, it is worthwhile.

The real and internet friendships far outweigh any drawbacks.

I look forward to reading "your message" every day.