Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm missing someone...

But I haven't cried yet today. Last night I went to mass with my new friend and cried through it. Thank God she just held my hand and told me it was OK. Some friends don't do that.

I have a pumpkin pie in the oven. I will take it out in 6 minutes and head down to the 6:30 a.m. meeting, then I will take a quick 3 mile run and get home and make the apple pie. Then my daughters and granddaughters will come over and I will make them eggs benedict before they go to their dad's and I go back down to the club.

Thank You God for your perfect mercy and all that you have given me. Thank God that one man paced the lobby of the Mayflower Hotel in Akron, Ohio on a May Saturday afternoon in 1935 and a kind woman was able to direct him to another drunk. And hence we began our collective journey.

"Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny. May God bless you and keep you - until then." Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 164

8 comments:

dAAve said...

Our 6:30am meeting today was on Step 2. Very appropro.
God has blessed you as you continue through this journey.

Anonymous said...

Hi MC..
Just stopping by to give you a warm cyber hug and wishes for serenity and gratitude today.Your son will be thinking warm thoughts of you today too...send him your Motherly telapathic hugs and kisses :)
Thank you for all you share MC.

Scott W said...

I love the way you do the deal. Thanks for helping me stay sober today.

Mike said...

Thanks for blogging today and sharing your life.

Petutes said...

Hi MC
I wanted to stop by and wish you a happy happy Thanksgiving! Thankyou for the reading. I just got back from dinner an hour ago and it was great to be among good company. Hugs. Karen

Anonymous said...

Home made pumpkin pie, ahhh what a yummy gift. Thank you for being here with me, with us . . . hope you had a blast with others in the fellowship today at the dinner.

Yes thank our HPs that that one man on the lobby was open to hearing the message and doing the work.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Redhead Gal said...

MC, I'm sending prayers to you and your son. I hope you both had a good Thanksgiving despite the pain of your separation.