Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Morning After

I had a fabulous time being an election judge yesterday. I was on my feet for 14 hours and just had a great time. It was so humbling to be a part of the process, and to realize that I am a part of my community. It was nice to realize I am on first name basis with so many people in my neighborhood. I only saw one person I know from AA and she felt compelled to tell me why she isn't getting to any meetings. Sheesh. So glad the sight of me nudges the guilty conscience!

This morning I woke up with a migraine. I thought I would try going to an AA meeting to see how that went, and although the meeting was good, it convinced me that I can truly call in sick today legitimately. I am going to go back to bed now.

"In every AA story, pain has been the price of admission into a new life. But this admission price purchased more than we expected. It led us to a measure of humility, which we soon discovered to be a healer of pain. We began to fear pain less, and desire humility more than ever." -- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 75

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son's girlfriend trusted me to stash her Halloween candy..but I have been eating it.

Hmm..don't feel so guilty now.

Thanks MC...lol

Glad you had a great day yesterday..
being involved in the demoractic system from your community is so important..awesome!

thanks for sharing~

Shannon said...

get rest and feel better.. isnt it nice to legitamately call in sick... I can relate with that one ahhaha love ya

Mama Dukes said...

great to be a part of---

hope you feel better real soon

Meg Moran said...

Take care of yourself first, then we can take care of others....thank you for participating in the process yesterday

Anonymous said...

Feel better MC. Perhaps it was just enough for this person to become re-inspired to walk back into the rooms.

jake said...

Hope you're feeling better....

Petutes said...

I hope you're well rested. I'm glad you had a great day yesterday despite being on your feet all day for 14 hours! I'm also glad I wasn't the only one who missed a meeting for this. I got up with my fiancee at the crack of dawn to watch the news and confirm to him in regards to the lines. I'm glad I voted though despite the craziness. I'm home now with my kitty, who has missed me. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the awesome quote about pain. I haven't seen that one yet, but it is so true!

Many hugs to you!

JJ said...

Hope you are feeling better sweetie.
JJ