Monday, November 27, 2006

Peaceful

I am so relieved this morning to know that my granddaughters are being well cared for. That the first grader will show up, on time, to school and she will be clean, fed, dressed well, and ready to go.

I will be a little late for work today (because I went to the gym and ran 3 miles), but I always stay a little late on Monday, hanging out waiting to go to the AA meeting. Monday is the best night at the 5:30 meeting. I am so happy to be writing about being excited about going to a meeting.

Thanks to Scott W. for reminding me of where this passage is, it is one of my favorites:

"Personally, I take the attitude that I intend never to drink again. This is somewhat different from saying, 'I will never drink again.' The latter attitude sometimes gets people in trouble because it is undertaking on a personal basis to do what we alcoholics never could do. It is too much an act of will and leaves too little room for the idea that God will release us from the drink obsession provided we follow the AA program." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 16

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the magic of Christmas is coming early to you this year!

Marvalous!

Mike said...

Thanks for sharing, glad things are ok for the little kids. Continued prayers for you and yours.

Mike

dAAve said...

Your smile is contagious.

Anonymous said...

Peaceful is good ~

Anonymous said...

Powerful quote. I'm going to have to let it marinate in my mind a little. Even though the days of craving alcohol have passed, that distinction of intention versus willpower is significant even today.

Peas and hominy,
Dharmashanti

jake said...

Thank you for the quote...I agree..Love you...take care.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that.

Greeting from Malaysia.

Trudging said...

I am glad that your grand kids are getting what they need.

Shannon said...

I am glad to hear about your grand daughters to be in a safe place. I pray for your daughter to get the help she needs and hold on with both hands! have a good day MC love ya