Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lifelines

In this small space are many of my lifelines. But not another human being. I need the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I am not feeling well again today, but I am going to work anyway. I stayed at home yesterday and by last night I was a little stir crazy. This morning when I prayed, I cried like a small child to my Heavenly Father. I need to get out of here and be with other people.

"Mental and emotional difficulties are sometimes very hard to take while we are trying to maintain sobriety. Yet we do see, in the long run, that transcendence over such problems is the real test of the AA way of living. Adversity gives us more opportunity to grow than does comfort or success." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 234

8 comments:

Mama Dukes said...

last nites meeting someone mentioned growing because of adversity and Gwen's passage is about failing and humilitation---theres a message for me in all of this. Thanks for being yet another voice for me to hear.

Hope you feel better physically and spiritually

Anonymous said...

All the bloggers seemm to be getting ill. I dod not know blogging can be contageous. Guess we should wear masks while blogging.

Feel better inside and out. One more day till a weekend rest.

dAAve said...

Looks like you need a hand.

Unknown said...

Feel better soon. :)

Here is some cyber chicken noodle and ((((get better hugs)))))

G~

jake said...

what's with the ring? hope you're feelin' better....

Trudging said...

I hope that you feel better soon.

lash505 said...

Wow Thats how I felt today thanks

Shannon said...

I am so awed by you. I wish when I didnt feel good I would work out anyways... I know I feel better when I do.. this has become quit the struggle lately... :(
Oh well tomorrow is another day
hugs