Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Morning

First of all, let me say Happy Birthday Scott W. Three years without a drink is a big deal, and I am so glad I have gotten to witness a little bit of that in the last year. Go over and wish Scott a Happy Birthday .

Yesterday evening my daughter totalled her car. She was arrested on the spot for outstanding warrants. My 6 year old granddaughter was with her, unrestrained, in the front seat, and Praise God, is uninjured. My ex-husband went and picked up my granddaughter and got to see our daughter sitting in the back of a police car. The three year old, Praise God again, was with her dad and was not in that car. So my daughter is in jail. And I can't think of a better place for her to be.

After I got the call last night, I got on my knees and prayed. I got in my car and picked up my cell phone and called my sponsor and talked to her all the way to the meeting. At the meeting I sat next to my new friend and we went out for dinner afterwards.

THANK GOD for this way of life and this fellowship. I would be sunk without it and I think most of you would be too.

I am on my way to a 6:30 a.m. meeting now, and then will go to the lake and run as far as I can. (update: that was 7.1 miles which is the farthest I have EVER run)

"we had to quit playing God. It didn't work. Next, we decided that hereafter, in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 62

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

MC.I am so grateful to read no one was hurt.
I remember that sick feeling in my heart when I saw our family van wrapped around a power poll after my son crashed it under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
It took him awhile after that but he now knows he was lucky to walk away.I hope you know it may take some time for your daughter to count her blessings and believe me when I say MC..YOU are one of them.
So grateful again to read ,no one was hurt.My heart is with you on this one my friend.You do have a great outlook and support group in your life..I know you will get through this ..Love Tab xo

Scott W said...

MC, Thank you.

Scott M. Frey said...

MC, Thanks God/HP no one was hurt OMG... I am so grateful too!

I will say prayers for you and your family... as soon as I am done posting this. I am sad that your lil grandbaby has to go thru this, but grateful that your baby is in jail where hopefully she can get some help.

I will be praying for you and thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Grateful that no one was hurt. And I agree totally with you--sometimes jail is the best place for someone to be--at least as a "short-timer."
Thinking of ALL of you, MC.
Peace,
Scout

jake said...

Glad to hear your daughter is okay and that she's in the care of a power greater than herself (jail for now)...I have the same concern when I think about my niece (that she'll get in an accident)....And no worries about me, just my head was running hard yesterday...

Amerynthe said...

Thinking about you and your family and hoping that this is the wake-up call your daughter needs to turn things around.
xxx

Trudging said...

Wow MC! I am glad that no one was hurt. I hope your daughter gets what she needs. You are in my prayers

Redhead Gal said...

MC, I'm praying for you and your daughter.

dAAve said...

Damn.
Well, first, I'm glad no one was injured. Physically.
It's too bad that grandaughter had to see what she saw, but she will process it the best she can.
Secondly, good thing your daughter is in jail, as you say, the best place she can be. Maybe this will lead to some type of rehab/treatment.
Thirdly, thanks to you.

Petutes said...

MC.Thankyou,hopefully your daughter has learned a lesson from this, she will be in my prayers. You did the right thing after you received your phone call. God has a plan for her. I'm glad nobody was hurt.
I liked that reading at the end of your post, I have to be reminded of that all the time, since I'm guilty of playing God myself. You have a great program going on and that to turn to. Thanks again and again for the inspiration and help.
I was just accepted at Regis University by the way and will start in January.
Hugs,
Karen :-)

Mary Christine said...

Karen - YAY! I hope you love it as much as I did. It is a wonderful institution. Just walking across the campus is a joy.

Mama Dukes said...

Thank God everyone is alive and unhurt!

It might be her bottom--theres always hope

I'll pray

and you already know Alanon is for family & friends