Thursday, November 30, 2006

Watchin' Dr. Phil

Taking care of my back. I have never watched Dr. Phil before. I actually watched Oprah for the last two days too. I haven't watched her since the 80s. Working half days is kind of fun. But not running is not fun. I am jonesing for a good workout. And I didn't hit my 70 miles this month as I had planned. I had 65 miles as of Monday morning and it looks like that is all I am getting this month. Lets see what I can do in December!

"How many of us would presume to declare, 'Well, I'm sober and I'm happy. What more can I want or do? I'm fine the way I am.' We know thst the price of such self-satisfaction is an inevitable back-slide, punctuated at some point by a very rude awakening. We have to grow or else deterioriate. For us, the status quo can only be for today, never for tomorrow. Change we must; we cannot stand still." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 25

9 comments:

Scott W said...

Gotta keep moving away from that last drink.

dAAve said...

Gotta keep moving away from that Dr Phil.

Mama Dukes said...

Oprah in the 80's---I was there!

Unknown said...

I remember Oprah from when she started in Baltimore. MBAL I believe was the station. We used to call her Orca Binfree. (What can I say I was drunk and stoned back then). I saw one of them discectomies fusing neck vertebrae, only it they went through the belly button and deflated a lung to get up there. Totally gruesome.

Unknown said...

WBAL. I have inverted dyslexia.

Anonymous said...

"Oprey" was also Orca Binfree when she first hit the Chi-Town scene. And I was high, too! lol!
MC, I really hope something can be done with your back, woman! Not much worse than back pain. Do you get any PT?
Peace,
Scout

Petutes said...

I love Oprah and Dr Phil! I envy you for having a day like this, I haven't done that in a while. I would try Pilates, it's one of the best things for the back to keep in mind. Keep relaxing.
Karen :-)

Shannon said...

LOL I love Oprah.. not a huge Dr Phil fan, and I have had 2 1/2 days and the day off Tuesday
I hope you feel better and that is awesome that you got 65 miles!

Amerynthe said...

Now that's more like it, relaxing with a jig-saw and the TV. Sensible at last!

Sorry you won't make your 70 miles this month, but 65 miles is still good - it's 65 more than me, for a start ...

Take care and keep warm!