Monday, October 19, 2009

Beautiful Monday Morning

After a too long Sunday, and a good long sleep, I am so happy to be going back to work on this Monday morning.

I have started and erased a couple of paragraphs about a comment I got yesterday, but I guess restraint of keyboard has gotten the better of me. I think that is a good thing. I would like to write about the topic later, when it is a general topic and not a knee-jerk reaction... let this be a place-marker on the topic of "chemical sobriety."

Every three months (January, April, July, and October) I give quarterly reports to the governing body of the hospital. In those months I work madly getting my report ready. I am now working madly, madly, madly in the last 10 days of getting it ready. I will have a run-through with hospital management this week, and then with medical staff next week, and then governing body next tuesday. When this is done, I feel like I am on vacation for a few days.

Today I have a meeting with people that I have had such a contentious issue with I know that I would have quit my job over this in earlier days. Instead, I have been able to firmly state my case with them, and try to move past this one huge issue, and find common ground on other things. Perhaps when we come back to this one huge issue today in this meeting we will be able to resolve it. I am the only one who holds my opinion. So, today I will be in a three against one meeting. Fun, huh? Well, I did buy a new blouse to wear. We all have our own ways of dealing with things.

Pray, pray, pray, and buy a new blouse.

That's my word for today. Well, and let's all stay sober today, OK? (chemically or otherwise)

8 comments:

dAAve said...

When they see your new blouse, they'll melt in your hands.
Or not.
Enjoy the experience.

Pammie said...

A new blouse will let them know that you mean business!
You always do well at these things.

Unknown said...

In previous times, I would never have had the courage or calmness to take a stand and be able to convey my opinion. The Traditions have helped me in so many ways to deal with peers. I am not great at it but I am better than I was. Thanks for sharing your challenges--you rock!

Namaste

Syd said...

I don't mind being the lone wolf. I don't buy a new shirt or anything either. It is my conviction that I have the right to state an opinion, even though others may not agree with it.

Gin said...

Pray, pray, pray & buy a new blouse. Now that is MY KIND OF PLAN!

Ed G. said...

I didn't know I was supposed to buy a new blouse after I pray. No wonder I never get what I want.

...oh, yeah...

Blessings and aloha...

Scott W said...

I prayed today and I bought three pair of pants. That will work for today.

Scott M. Frey said...

May the "power of the blouse" (and perhaps the Holy Spirit" guide and protect you! :-)