Saturday, October 03, 2009

First Saturday of October

Did I ever tell you that October is my favorite month of the year? I know I have told you that Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Pre-dawn on Saturday is the very best... all full of hope for the two days of rest and recreation ahead. So, right now is possibly the best time of all!

My daughter and I will go to the 6:30 a.m. meeting, and then have a pretty busy day planned. I will get my sprinkler system winterized today. I will also run 5 miles. I will also get to visit my granddaughters. And go to church. And go to night watch. And bake a pie for that. Even though I usually bake an apple pie in October, it will definitely be a pumpkin pie tonight - it is cold and feels very much like autumn.

I am grateful to be alive and sober to be joyfully looking forward to this day. I hope you all are too.

7 comments:

dAAve said...

Sounds like a good day. It'll go by in a pflash.
By contrast, it'll be about 85 here with afternoon storms. We have a car wash at Lambda this morning.
How about your internet problem?

Ed G. said...

Sounds like a lovely day - I wish you the best through it all...

Blessings and aloha...

Pammie said...

I've never tasted pumpkin pie.

Mary Christine said...

WHAT? Pam? Are you kidding?

Lou said...

I only like pumpkin pie with real home made whip cream. Without that it kinda tastes like a vegetable pie.

Scott W said...

I ♥ pumpkin pie!

Syd said...

I really like all the fall months. I'm glad that you are having a nice day. My Saturday was nice too.