Syd had a post over the weekend about the 10 best moments of his life. I was so struck by his wonderful humility as a non-alcoholic. He simply stated that graduating with high honors was a great moment, and that getting his PhD was a great moment, etc., it was a wonderful honest and humble look at some of the really outstanding moments of his life. Alkies came by and commented about how loving kindness shown by others had provoked humility causing great awakenings and therefore, bla bla bla... Anyway, I wondered, what, if pressed, would I call the 10 best moments of my life. Here goes:
1. Graduating from high school - after dropping out twice.
2. Marrying the father of my children (before he was the father of my children)
3. Celebrating 10 years of sobriety at my first homegroup after many years away
4. Being hired at my current workplace
5. Getting the acceptance letter from my university
6. Realizing I belonged there
7. Finishing my financial amends at 14 years of sobriety - (child support takes a long time)
8. Getting my bachelor's degree (Magna Cum Laude)
9. My 50th Birthday Party - in my new house - the day before I got my master's degree
10. Celebrating 25 years of sobriety at a meeting with my daughter, my former son-in-law, my sponsor, her husband, and more sober friends than I could ever imagine.
Life is good.