Friday, October 16, 2009

Green

is my favorite color. So yesterday when my daughter asked me to join her at lunch as she shopped and I saw this green down jacket and tried it on, I fell in love. I didn't want to take it off. I said it felt like heaven. I am really a sucker for things that are green.

Today I have a hugely wonderful day ahead. I have a new boss and today is boss' day. I will bring him a jar of home canned pear chutney or pickled pears... can't decide which is weirder. I would like to go for less weird as a point of clarification. I will tie a bow around the top of the jar and make a little card acknowledging my obsequiousness and thank God for this man. The first year my old boss was my boss, I got him a card for boss' day and he looked at me like I had just crawled out from under a rock when I gave it to him. Later the golden girl with the golden hair would give him gift baskets costing hundreds of dollars for boss' day, which he would proudly display in his office - although I always liked the man, I never could hit the right note with him. I am grateful, grateful, grateful to have a new boss.

After work I am volunteering at an expo for a local marathon. What fun! I will leave work early to get down there and be with people who are preparing to run a marathon on Sunday! That ought to get me excited about running!

Great weekend on the horizon.

I better get to it, I need to be out of here in 30 minutes.

YAY. I like the looks of this day already.

9 comments:

Pammie said...

I thnik some homemade pear chutney would be an awesome gift. Oh and some pears are green.

Syd said...

I don't know anyone who does the Boss Day thing around here. I think that what you are doing is great as long as you like your boss. Homemade stuff is always a great idea.

dAAve said...

"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
Jesse Owens

diane d said...

I'd go with the pear chutney.
What a wonderful way to start your day!

Lou said...

This Sunday is the Detroit marathon also! Weather around 55 degrees..that will be perfect. Expos are fun;)

Dr24Hours said...

CHUTNEY! For the love of God, chutney. Pickled pears would be a disaster!

Scott W said...

It's nice to like the day we're in.

Ed G. said...

I hope your day went even better than you'd expected. Your boss would be a fool to not like whatever he gets.

When I was a boss, they hadn't invented boss's day yet - at least that's what the people who worked for me told me every year.

Blessings and aloha...

Scott M. Frey said...

man, I wish I was your boss yesterday lol pear chutney sounds AWESOME! lol