Friday, October 30, 2009

Seventeen Degrees

And windy. So Cold. The creaking of my house woke me up at 2:30 a.m. But my brain has been waking me at 3 most mornings this week.

I woke up with a startling realization on Wednesday morning at 3 a.m. I woke up at 3 a.m. on Thursday trying to think about how this is going to work. And the wind woke me this morning, but once my mind was awake, it was thinking again.

I have talked about this new and startling revelation with my sponsor and my older (and much wiser) sister - and they both think it is a great idea.

But it changes everything. I have to let go of so much. But how well I know that in the past every thing I have let go of has been more than replaced.

"We trust infinite God rather than our finite selves. We are in the world to play the role He assigns. Just to the extent that we do as we think He would have us, and humbly rely on Him, does He enable us to match calamity with serenity." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 68

11 comments:

Pammie said...

Seventeen degrees is not something I can wrap my brain around.
I can see you with one of those "snuggly things" on, kniting and checking on a pie in the oven.

Scott W said...

This mysterious revelation has me intrigued!

dAAve said...

I'll stay tuned.

Gin said...

Okay, I am cold just thinking about 17 degrees. Yikes!

Lou said...

I never wake up. When my dad died in the middle of the night, they literally could not wake me up for 15 minutes. It's kind of scary, really.

Hopefully, you get a good nights sleep tonight, and the revelation will be turned over in the day!

Anonymous said...

amen

Syd said...

I don't think 17 degrees would be much fun unless I had a warm blanket, a nice fire, a movie, and maybe a bowl of chili. And of course, snow falling down. Maybe that's too cold to snow though.

More shall be revealed?

Ed G. said...

I wasn't all that cold until I read the temperature in your post. Maybe it's 20-30 degrees warmer here. I'll just believe that for now...

I, too, am excited to hear...

Blessings and aloha...

Aaron Wintergreen said...

Yikes! Seventeen degrees. Out here in sunny California that kind of talk is the stuff of myth. I've read your blogs and it's good to know substance abuse treatment is out there. Your selections from the big book have been inspired.

Try to stay warm this winter!

Findon said...

Now thats a nice even temperature for us Brits. 3.00am, thats my time for making the tea when I have something wizzing around inside my noggin.

Enchanted Oak said...

Revelations in the dark hours before dawn...I'll be back later to see if more is revealed. Loved the quote from the BB.