Friday, October 09, 2009

Frozen Felowship

That's a frozen rosebud. So sad to see something never come to fruition, but that is the way of nature.

I have just spent nearly 24 hours with our Dave. What a wonderful thing. He enjoyed the snow and cold. Really, he enjoyed it. It has been so hot in Houston that he found the cold (25 degrees this morning) to be "refreshing." It was so nice to sit next to him at a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous this morning. We saw him off this morning, and blew him kisses as we wished him a safe journey...

My daughter and I will now be off to a weekend retreat. I am looking forward to getting away with 300 or so of my closest friends to a mountain ranch. It should be nice. I hope I will be able to get some down-time as well as lots of fellowship and meetings.

Won't be back until Sunday. Please take care and stay sober until then, OK?
XXXOOO, MC

6 comments:

Scott W said...

Bon voyage, MC and Dave.

Ed G. said...

Glad you had a good time - sorry to have missed you.

I hope you get all you want and more at your retreat.

Blessings and bon voyage...

Syd said...

Woke up early and had to say hello. Enjoy the retreat. I'm sort of on one too.

Scott M. Frey said...

I got to spend time with dAAve and Scott on a trip to Houston a few years ago...

there's nothing like meeting up with a couple of "old friends" as we trudge this road of happy destiny!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog. I am new in recovery, 129 days, and love to knit as well. Looking forward to reading your blog.

Enchanted Oak said...

I liked the rosebud part of your blog the most today. Nature has its way of working and no matter how we feel about it, somehow the seasons go through their cycles and it all turns out good.