Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Sleeping in

Someone I love is pregnant with a little baby boy, this is going to be a baby blanket for him. I think the colors are much prettier in person, they look a little grim to me in this photo. They are brilliant and bold and rather boy-like. I haven't had a boy since 1976, so it is a novel thing for me to be knitting something that isn't pink. I love knitting.

This morning I was supposed to be at a spinning class at 6:00. I was awake at 3:30, got up, made some coffee, did my prayer and meditation, looked at some blogs, and decided to go back to bed. I decided that I had the luxury of time to sit in bed and drink coffee and read a book before I went back to sleep. What a treat to do this, and on a weekday! So now I will get ready for work, having had an extra hour of sleep and a little bit of lovely down-time.

I am very excited about the next four days. They are going to be great! Lots of sober people, lots of sober places, lots of sober things!

6 comments:

Ed G. said...

I'm glad you had a great 2 starts to your day and that you're looking forward to your days. Must be a nice place...

Blessings and aloha...

Syd said...

I slept in a bit today too, until 6:30 which is late for me. But I have a full work day.

Gin said...

Oh I love it!!! I love knitting too. It's so cathartic isn't it?

diane d said...

I think the blanket looks beautiful!!!
I tried to sleep in last weekend. I think I made it to 6am.

Scott W said...

I was up at 2 for a bit, then slept until 7. It's hot as summertime here today and a million percent humidity. It's gross.

dAAve said...

Scott's exaggerating about the humidity.
It's only 865,911%.