Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Driving Along Last Night...

And I saw this... a little church in a questionable part of town... all lit up with the Love of God!  I had to stop and take a picture.  

When I got home from work last night I was thrilled to see that the carpet had been torn out of the living room, dining room, hallway, and stairs.  I tell you, even the bare sub-flooring looks better than that carpet did!   The acoustics of my house are entirely different.  In fact, it was slightly unsettling as I was trying to go to sleep last night.  My house just sounds and feels different.  I am thrilled with the progress.  

I was also thrilled to see my daughter working with my sponsee (she is helping her with this project).   Seeing two people you love get to know each other is just so heartwarming.  My sponsee said that she is actually a good worker, which we weren't really expecting because of the physical state she is in due to years of alcoholism and drug addiction.  And then to see that my daughter said at 5:30 - "I have to go to my 6:00 meeting."  Her meetings have become an integral part of her life, something I never thought I would live to see.  I drove her to her meeting, and then drove myself to Biblical School... and it was a great night.

I have another long day ahead.  But this morning when I prayed, I thanked God for this day and all that it may bring.  And I mean it.  

7 comments:

Scott W said...

All that gettin' along is good stuff.

steveroni said...

...and meaningfully, I mean it also. Gonna get back to daily mass routine, beginning tomorrow. The thought was implanted in my head while 'riding' Brrrr! home from my meetings this morning.

Then reading Scott's "SoberNuggets" sealed the deal.

MC, your comments are almost alway succinct--I'm gonna try that, but it won't be easy (maybe for Lent? -grin)

dAAve said...

Great for your daughter.
Long days make for productive ones.

Anonymous said...

That all sounds so ordinary and extremely awesome at the same time!

Trailboss said...

Shall I come to your house and play my coronet since your acoustics are better? Just tell me what time. I can still play My Old Kentucky Home!

Syd said...

Nothing like progress on the spiritual, recovery, and home renovation fronts. Have a great day.

Pammie said...

Oh girl, I could make a good soup out of this post. Love, sober children, new stuff in the house, Biblical school....all the ingredients.