Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nonsense!

Mike C. was asked to read something this morning at the meeting and he started his reading with the shortest sentence in the big book:

"Nonsense."  Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 98

He read more than that.  But I just want to say "nonsense" and act like I am quoting the big book when I do.

I feel I have said everything I ever had to say here.  I feel like I spouted off my opinions about stuff.  I have shared my experience, strength, and hope.  I have shared my flowers, my home, my family, my runs, my races, my romances (before I learned not to), my life, my sobriety.  I have told you what I thought of my cherished meetings, my cherished traditions, my cherished memories of a life largely spent in Alcoholics Anonymous.  

I have at times felt that I have been casting my pearls before swine.  And at times like I have been so honored to become part of your lives.  

Right now I am just tired of it.  

I will likely be back tomorrow or Monday and get right back to it, but I am just tired of all this writing.

And I am truly not attention seeking.  I have so few regular readers at this point that I really don't think it would matter if I stop.  But I probably won't anyway.

Let's all stay sober today, OK?

10 comments:

steveroni said...

NONSENSE, Mary! BB p 98...since it's NOT "all about me" I know it's not something I said -grin!!!

But maybe you can rest today, and we'll hear from you whenever you decide.

Ha! Mary REST??? Another cold day in 'you know where!'

Scott W said...

There are mornings I just am such a blank and don't feel like with messing with posting, but something pushes me to and I do it. Can't really explain it.

dAAve said...

OK, I'll stay sober if you do. Besides, tonight's birthday night at Lambda.

"There is, however, a vast amount of fun about it all."
Alcoholics Anonymous, page 16

"Middleton Group #1. Rule #62." "Don't take yourself too damn seriously."
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 149

Anonymous said...

It would matter to me, Mary, but I can understand how you feel. I fully intend on keeping sober today.

Hope said...

You have added so much to my journey. Stuff I'd never heard before that I needed to hear.
I am grateful that our paths have crossed.

steveroni said...

It would matter to LOTS of people, Mary. Besides, haven't we (well, I?) always been told, when giving an AA talk as speaker: "If you touch but ONE soul tonight...if ONE new person, or fence-sitter, hears something you say with which they can identify, well, you will have done God's work, just as He wished.

Question: And, isn't that just SO?
Ans: YEP!!! -grin!

I must leave my pride...outside.

SerenitySeeker said...

It would sure matter to me should you choose to stop posting. Your no nonsense attitude about the program validates how I feel with some of the watered down stuff I hear lately at meetings. Take a break if you need to but I can assure you you have touched the lives of many that never leave comments.
God Bless you Mary!

Syd said...

There are days when I just don't have much to say. It is what it is. Then there are other times when I feel such urgency to write. I guess I really like writing. And then people will leave comments to say that what I write helps them. That's more than enough for me.
You help me in many ways. I understand more about AA, alcoholism, and just plain life. Thanks MC.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't stop posting, Mary Christine. I'm sorry if I haven't left any notes lately. I'm working, trying to do well in my English class, gearing up for another class starting Wednesday. Talk about blank, I have a rough draft of an essay due tomorrow (Monday) and I am just doing the best I can with what brain cells I have.

This little Swine gobbles up the Pearls as she reads them.

Oh, and on February 16th I celebrated my 3rd sober birthday! Woo hoo! Thanks to God and the program and the people in it, I am here at this place today.

Willa

marcia said...

Mary,
I've been under the radar and reading you for over a month, so I haven't heard nearly all you''vehad to say. I love your sharing E, S, & H, and especially the glorious pictures that depict your life. Sober 5 months, in the AA program, partly thanks to you & your readers...