Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

It is so lovely to be sitting here, sipping coffee, still in my jammies, with no where I have to go.  I love random days off work.  For no good reason other than I just need a day off.  It is good.

Yesterday at work I got some little treats from folks.  I think Valentine's Day in that context is really fun.  As a fund raiser, our wellness committee sells carnations for a dollar.  We buy them and write cards to our friends and they get delivered by the committee.  It is a nice thing. 

I remember the first year I was married to the father of (most of) my children.  On Valentine's Day that year I was pregnant with my son.  I decided that I wanted a necklace with a gold heart locket.  I don't know if I ever told him this, but I was crestfallen when I didn't get it.  For some reason this year I remembered that and thought about buying myself one, but I don't even want one anymore.   

It is nice to be able to live without crazy expectations these days.  Really nice.

"God will not desert us when the chips are down; indeed, He did not when we were drinking. And so it should be with the remainder of life. Certainly, He does not plan to save us from all troubles and adversity. Nor, in the end, does He save us from so-called death- since this is but an opening of a door into a new life, where we shall dwell among His many mansions. Touching these things I know you have a most confident faith." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 221

6 comments:

steveroni said...

Yep! Bill really SAW it.

Pammie said...

I forgot you were having a 4 day break!
Try to squeeze a nap in, that's my idea of glorious.

Syd said...

I took the day off too. I'm doing some crafty shopping for a few bloggers that I know. Have a good day. You have a good heart and don't need to wear one.

Banana Girl said...

"confident faith" I really like that. I see it in you and am grateful for your lead in that. Your resolve becomes my dissolving of doubt. And you share it all the time. Thanks, J

Unknown said...

Great post! Thank you for the sanity and the serenity! Enjoy your weekend!

Scott W said...

Now you are gonna have a grand time cutting and pasting!