Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Lately...

Every morning I sit and stare at my keyboard, having not one good idea for something to write about.  Every evening, I think of great ideas for things pertinent to this blog.  My evening person is not communicating with my morning person.  Perhaps she should leave notes?

I can hear Bonnie Rait singing "Let's give 'em something to blog about..."

So, a gratitude list is in order:
  • Getting older is not anything like what I dreaded.
  • I don't mind the fact that I am "pushing sixty."
  • I am grateful that I have had the experiences I have had - good and bad.
  • that I grew up in a time when every second of a child's life wasn't managed by their parents.
  • that my CHILDREN grew up in a time when every second of a child's life wasn't managed by their parents.
  • I have lived long enough to know that every latest news story about what's good and bad for us is likely to be disproved within a year or two. 
  • that I came to AA in a time when there weren't so many opposing voices - I might have listened to them if I had heard them.
  • that when I got to AA I realized I was out of good ideas, so I listened to yours.
  • that I learned how to consider things that sounded wacky.
  • and so I learned to do things I don't feel like doing.
  • like going to work today!
Let's stay sober today, OK?

11 comments:

Hope said...

Waving hi to you this morning.
So glad you posted.

Scott W said...

Post Its are a good investment! You an get cheap ones at the 99¢ Store.

Unknown said...

I think I can handle that. Thanks for the Gratitudes M~

Hugs,
Gwen

One Prayer Girl said...

Why not take that evening person into the morning?

Blog at night - at least the ideas - finish up and publish in the morning.

Pammie said...

I'm so glad I was out of ideas too, otherwise I would never have listened to y'alls.
The biggest words you hardly ever hear anymore: "shoooo kids go outside and play"

Mary Christine said...

Actually, I have blogged at night a couple of times, and I find the quality of those posts to be very different from my morning posts.

I am a morning person. I exercise in the morning, I go to meetings in the morning, and I like to blog in the morning.

I will get back to myself soon!

Syd said...

I am not dreading getting old. I just wish somedays that time would stand still. It goes so bleeping fast.

SerenitySeeker said...

Mary, Thanks for the list also. Our 7 a.m. meeting on Tuesdays has gratitude for the topic. So your post fit in perfect with my AA thoughts today! Thanks

steveroni said...

I could just copy that gratitude list and make it my own--with one slight change:

"I don't mind the fact that I am pushing sixty."

CHANGE TO:

"I don't mind the fact that I am "pushing eighty."

HOLY CRAPOLA!! I don't BELIEVE this!
I feel too GOOD. Seriously!

Wait. What? said...

I like what you said about your mornign and night persona's needing to leave one another notes!!!

Sober Steve said...

great list,,thanks for sharing,,if notes don't work try voice mail

peace