I can hear Bonnie Rait singing "Let's give 'em something to blog about..."
So, a gratitude list is in order:
- Getting older is not anything like what I dreaded.
- I don't mind the fact that I am "pushing sixty."
- I am grateful that I have had the experiences I have had - good and bad.
- that I grew up in a time when every second of a child's life wasn't managed by their parents.
- that my CHILDREN grew up in a time when every second of a child's life wasn't managed by their parents.
- I have lived long enough to know that every latest news story about what's good and bad for us is likely to be disproved within a year or two.
- that I came to AA in a time when there weren't so many opposing voices - I might have listened to them if I had heard them.
- that when I got to AA I realized I was out of good ideas, so I listened to yours.
- that I learned how to consider things that sounded wacky.
- and so I learned to do things I don't feel like doing.
- like going to work today!
Let's stay sober today, OK?