Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New kicks

I got some new running shoes over the weekend.  They are a full size larger than the shoes I normally wear, but they seem to fit just right when I am running.  Back to running I am.  I took almost a month off because of severe blisters resulting from my last half marathon in January - and a few months before that I just wasn't running enough.  Running improves my mental status tremendously.  

But this morning I have to leave for work at 6:30, so no running for me.  I am happy to be getting back to work.  Four days of me rolling around this house are quite enough.  Besides, my back hurts from the work I did at home.  I could use a day at my desk.  Although it could end up being a day when I am on my feet all day - I never really know.

Whatever it brings, I am grateful for it.  Grateful for another day.  Grateful to be gainfully employed.  Grateful to have work I actually like.  Grateful that my work is important to my organization.  Grateful that I will go out for lunch today.  Grateful that I get to come home from work after a long day.  Hopeful that American Idol is on tonight instead of anything that may pre-empt it.  Hopeful that you have a grateful sober day.




11 comments:

Scott W said...

If you're on your feet I hope you have some sensible shoes handy.

Mary Christine said...

Ever since the blisters, I have been wearing my very sensible Dansko clogs every single day.

Pammie said...

I wish that I could start a Movement in this country about the wonderfulness of sensible shoes.
Nothing is more soothing to the spirit as comfy feet.

dAAve said...

Date a podiatrist!

I think we're having an American Idol watching party here tonight. UGH.

Syd said...

Nice shoes. I see women in these stiletto heels. Sexy yes but they look like foot killers. How do they walk?

steveroni said...

YOU? "American Idol", too?

Findon said...

wow neat shoes. Now I bet they can run further than any other shoes you have ever had !!!

Laura H. said...

those are my shoes!! lol. sweet. do you love them? i love them. :)

Unknown said...

I like the towel, too!

Namaste

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of grateful. Even though I am home sick today I still got to have lunch with my sister and then later with my brother. I find comfort in the idea of grateful. Thanks for writing about that. -Robert W

Banana Girl said...

Cuuuute Shoes! I am also a Dansko Girl.